Wednesday, 6 July 2016

U.S. Student Imprisoned in North Korea Secretly Thrilled by Prospect of Future Book Sales

06 July 2016

Otto Frederick Warmbier, future author and millionaire, speaking at his trial in Pyongyang in Feb 2016
Sources close to U.S. Student, Otto Warmbier (21) of Cincinnati, report that he is quietly overjoyed that his internment in a North Korean labour camp will no doubt lead to a lucrative publishing contract.
At this time Warmbier is uncertain whether to sign with Bloomsbury or Random House, but assures potential cosignatories that he will consider all serious offers.

“It’s incredibly lonely in this camp,” says Warmbier, “but I’m currently writing my prison memoirs on the hides of rats I've snared and eaten. When Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton swoop in and fly me out of here on a chartered jet, I intend to tell the world my story.”

When asked by prison guard, Pak Kyung Jae (31) of Pyongyang, if he didn’t think the market was already saturated with autobiographies by North Korea’s defectors and former prisoners, Warmbier responded, “I think that as one of the first white, twenty-something men imprisoned by the regime, my story will appeal to a more mainstream demographic and will be a valuable asset to any major publishing corporation.”

Later, Warmbier enquired whether Kyung Jae might have any relatives or friends working at Simon & Schuster Publishing Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment